Worked as either; an LSA OR SEN Teaching Assistant OR Behaviour Mentor OR Youth Worker OR SEN Support Worker OR Learning Mentor???
Experience working with children who have been diagnosed with ASD / ASC?
Inclusive and Supportive ASD School in the Greenwich borough is recruiting a Learning Support Assistant(ASD). The successful ASD LSA must be a good time keeper, able to stick to a set schedule, resilient, empathetic, calm, pro-active, dedicated to safeguarding children, available 5 days a week and can start straight away for this exciting contract position!
- 1:1 & small SEN group support with children diagnosed with ASD
- 5 days a week, Long Term contract
- Building a strong rapport with your key student(s)
- Ensuring children are safeguarded
- Working with children and helping them in their classes
- Open to working with either Primary and Secondary Level children
- Can successfully and safely De-escalate challenging behaviour if required
- Dedicated to ensuring children are the best versions of themselves
- Your SEN experience - ie Complex Needs/ ASD/ ASC/ Behaviour Difficulties/ ADHD
- Requiring someone who is consistent, with patience and is passionate about working with SEN children
- Experience working with children on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
- You live in close proximity to the Greenwich borough
- Minimum of 6 months experience as either an LSA/ SEN Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ Behaviour Mentor/ Learning Mentor/ Teaching Assistant (TA) OR Youth Worker
- Must have experience working in a support role at either an Alternative Provision / Mainstream School/ PRU / SEN School / ASD Provision / Child Residential Home
- Must be able to build a strong rapport with children