LSA / Behaviour Mentor/ Learning Mentor/ HLTA / Teaching Assistant / Youth Worker OR already an SEN TA?
Working/ Worked with children diagnosed with either ASC/ ASD/ PDA/ ODD/ CAMHS/ SEMH/ ADHD/ MLD/ Challenging Behaviour ?
Worked in either a PRU / Alternative Provision/ SEN School / Secondary School / Primary School or Youth Centre?
This could be the right role for you IF you've said YES to the above! Currently recruiting for an LSA OR Behaviour Mentor for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) located in Lewisham. Children have been diagnosed with challenging behaviour SEMH/ CAMHS/ ADHD/ ODD
- Immediate Start, Ongoing contract, full time to start immediately!
- Behaviour Mentor OR LSA required (minimum of 6 months experience)
- Working with behavioural SEN children on both a 1:1 basis and in groups
- Must be able to build a strong rapport with children and able to de-escalate behaviour
- You have a great sense of humour, ale to engage children well in their studies
The Successful LSA / Behaviour Mentor…
- 6 Months (min) either as a LSA / Behaviour Mentor/ Learning Mentor/ HLTA / Teaching Assistant / Youth Worker
- MUST have worked in Secondary School/ PRU / Alternative Provision/ SEN School / Educational Institution or Youth Centre
- Your SEN experience with children; CAMHS/SEMH/ ODD/ADHD/ASC/ASD or Challenging Behaviour Difficulties 1:1 & small groups
- Able to build a strong rapport with children.
- Resilient, Compassionate, Great sense of humour, Empathetic, Can de-escalate behaviour effectively
- Experience with SEN children at both Primary and / or Secondary levels
- In date Enhanced DBS with the update service OR able to pay for one
- Must live in or easy commutable distance to the Lewisham borough