6th Form College located in Greenwich is recruiting for a full time Learning Support Assistant (LSA) for a fixed term contract to start in September 2021.
Learners who attend are encouraged to have clear goals and aspirations and be the best versions of themselves. Exemplary Head of Centre who is a visionary and outstanding leader. Welcoming and supportive lecturers, Middle Managers and LSAs. This is a mainstream college, with a large SEND provision which accommodates students with a variety of SEND (ie ASC/ASD/PDA/ SEMH/ CAMHS/ Challenging Behaviour / ADHD/ ODD/ Learning Difficulties/ Wheel Chair users / Complex Needs etc.
- YOU have worked as either a Learning Mentor/ Youth Worker/ SEN TA/ Behaviour Mentor /LSA or HLTA
- YOUR SEN experience; ASC/ASD/ SEMH/ Complex Needs/ Challenging Behaviour/ CAMHS/ Complex Needs /ADHD/ MLD/Learning Difficulties or Wheel Chair users
- YOU MUST have worked in either; Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)/ College/ Alternative Provision / Secondary School / Primary School (with SEN pupils) / Youth Centre in a support role
- MUST be able to build a strong rapport & engage learners well
- EXPERIENCE with children and young people on a 1:1 basis and within small groups
- MUST be able to de-escalate behaviour (if required)
- YOUR PERSONLITY - Great sense of humour, calm, resilient, proactive, dedicated, consistent and have great empathy for people
- Able to commute to the borough of Greenwich