Ofsted rated "Good" Post-16 College in the borough of Greenwich is recruiting a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) full-time Learning Support Assistant (LSA)to start now.
Thriving and popular Post-16 College in the heart of the Greenwich community. Children and young people at this college are encouraged to have clear aspirations and goals so that they can be the best versions of themselves. Outstanding Principle who is a great leader, supportive teaching staff and LSAs. This is a mainstream college that boasts a large and successful SEN provision with just under 200 SEN pupils in their provision. Their pupils have been diagnosed with a variety of SEN; ie MLD/ SEMH/ Autism/ Down Syndrome/ Complex Needs/ CAMHS/ Challenging behaviour /ADHD/ Learning Difficulties & Wheel Chair users
The successful Learning Support Assistant (LSA)…
- Your recent job must be working in a support role; ie Residential Child Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant/ Learning Support Assistant (LSA)/ Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / HLTA / Youth Worker / Child Support Worker or Youth Worker
- You have worked in either a Secondary School/ college/ Sixth Form/Alternative Provision / Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) or Youth Centre
- Can successfully build a strong rapport with children & young people
- 1:1 and small groups experience
- Great personality with an awesome sense of humour
- Can de-escalate behaviour OR assist with personal care if required (depends on the pupil you are placed with)
- Your SEN experience with children; ODD/ ADD/ MLD/ Autism/ Complex Needs/ SEMH/ CAMHS/ Challenging behaviour/ ADHD/ Learning Difficulties/ Wheelchair Users/ Down Syndrome etc)
- In date Enhanced DBS with the update service OR able to pay for a new one now
- Can commute easily to the Greenwich borough.