Post-16 College in the borough of Lewisham is recruiting for a full time Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to start immediately.
students who attend the post-16 college are encouraged to have clear goals and aspirations and be the best versions of themselves. Exemplary Principle who is a true visionary and outstanding leader. Welcoming and supportive teachers, Middle Managers and LSAs. This is a mainstream college, with a large SEND provision which accommodates students with a variety of SEND (ie Autism/PDA/ CAMHS/SEMH/ Behaviour Difficulties/ ADHD/ ADD/ Learning Difficulties/ Wheel Chair users / Complex Needs etc.
- You will have worked as either an LSA/ Teaching Assistant/ SEN TA/ Learning Mentor/ Youth Worker/ Behaviour Mentor OR HLTA
- Your SEN experience; Autism/ CAMHS/ ODD/ ADD/ SEMH/ Complex Needs/ Learning Difficulties/ Challenging Behaviour/ ADHD/ MLD/ Wheel Chair users
- You will have worked in either; PRU/ Post-16 College/ Provision / Secondary School or a Youth Centre in a support role
- Excellent at building a strong rapport with children & can engage them well
- Worked with children and young people on a 1:1 basis and in groups
- IF required able to de-escalate behaviour
- You have a calm and great sense of humour, proactive, resilient, dedicated, consistent and have great empathy for children
- Must be able to commute to the Greenwich borough