We are currently working with a specialist school in Croydon who require an SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP.
The role is to work with students who have SEMH in groups and on a 1:1 basis.
You may also be required to step up and cover the class when the Teacher may not be there. These are not huge classes with only 4 to 5 children to a class.
Pay £80 to £90 per day
5 days a week 8:30am to 3:50pm
This is a specialist provision for young people with mental health needs. They support the most vulnerable and those disengaged or segregated from learning in a safe, nurturing and caring environment.
They believe that our young people should have the opportunity to achieve to their full potential, leading to independence and eventually employment. They offer all of their students a range of tools that they will be able to apply to become rounded young adults. They are committed to using strong teamwork and employ a flexible and empathetic approach to working with their young people and their families.
They have places for up to 18 young people aged 11-19 , where they offer a broad curriculum covering English, Maths, Land Science, Small Animal Care, ICT, Art, PHSE, Drama, PE, Food Tech. Carpentry, Car Mechanics, Bricklaying, Multiskills, Catering, Hair & Beauty).
* Cover the class when required
* Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
* Accompanying groups on trips.
* Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
* Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
* Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
* Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
This is an amazing SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity so if interested please apply now.
If you would like to know more please contact Future Education in Croydon and ask for Jamie Robinson