We are looking for an SEN/ASD Teacher for an SEN unit within a Primary School based in Beckenham to start in September.
You should be a specialist SEN/ASD Teacher with experience of teaching pupils with ASD.
The school are looking to appoint an SEN/ASD Teacher for the next academic year. The successful candidate will need to have Primary SEN/ASD experience.
As an SEN/ASD Teacher you will be working with a class of 6-8 children of whom have ASD.
Start date - September.
Salary = £150 to £180 per day.
To be considered for this role, you should demonstrate:
- An understanding/knowledge and experience of working with children with special needs.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
- An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
- A friendly and professional manner.
- Hold a recognised full teaching qualification such as QTS or be willing to undergo teacher training in line with current regulations.
- An understanding of alternative and therapeutic interventions for student progression.
- Innovation and competence in utilising resources to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible standards for all learners with a proven record of enabling learners to fulfil their potential.
- A flexibility of approach through the willingness to offer an additional subject
- To effectively plan lessons that are stimulating, relevant and well-structured to a wide range of abilities, social, emotional and communication needs to ensure all students are able to participate and reach their full potential.
- To ensure that all learning equipment is in good order and available for the delivery of lessons.
- To organise a person-centred learning environment allowing students to take ownership of their learning and ambitions.
- Liaise with members of the support and therapeutic team and, as appropriate, with parents/carers in the support of learners. Attend parents' evenings.
- Direct and utilise TAs for class support.
- Promote good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy.
If you like the sound of this role and are looking for a new opportunity for September apply.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Jamie at Future Education