This Primary School is one of East Dulwich's newest schools and is part of a Federation of Schools which has an established track record of high standards. In 2017, the Academy was graded OUTSTANDING in all areas by OFSTED.
We provide a vibrant learning environment which nurtures and supports children. Pupils are encouraged to be responsible for their learning, to grow in confidence and become independent. In recognition of the work in this area, the school received UNICEF's Rights Respecting School Award in 2017.
We offer an exciting and engaging curriculum where teachers and pupils work together to ensure high quality learning experiences that enable every pupil to achieve their very best. This includes well-structured lessons, opportunities to learn to play a musical instrument, to use new technologies, to learn outside the classroom through engaging educational visits and to learn away from home through high quality residential trips in Key Stage 2.
Qualifications and training:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate - must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc, as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement where unsupervised.
- Flexibility of approach to work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
If you are interested or want to know more please call Sabrina on 0208 256 0910 or apply online today!