College in the borough of Greenwich is recruiting for a full-time Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to start immediately
Popular and vibrant College on the Greenwich borders is essentially in in the heart of the community. This college has new & exciting opportunities available due to increased student numbers. Students at this college are encouraged to achieve and to strive for excellence. Staff are well trained and encouraging with excellent expertise. The college has a specialist provision with a students with different SEN such as SEMH/ SEBD/ ODD/ ASD/ ADHD/ MLD/ SLD/ PMLD. Ambitious and focused Head of Centre who is a true visionary and Leader. Strong senior leaders and middle managers.
- Learning Support Assistant (LSA) / SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) vacancy
- Someone who has experience working as either a SEN TA / LSA / HLTA / Youth Worker would be imperative for this post
- Your SEN experience with be in either of the following; MLD/ SLD/PMLD/ ASD / ADHD/ ODD/ SEMH/ SEBD
- You ‘may’ have some students who may require assistance with personal care so you must be very open to this
- Experience working with pupils of Secondary and / or College ages
- Experience working with pupils on a 1:1 basis and within small groups
- Full time & Long Term post to start straight away
The Successful Applicant…
- Minimum of 6 Months as either a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) / SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) / Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA ) / Youth Worker
- Must have experience working with children with either MLD/ SLD/ PMLD/ ASD/ ADHD/ SEMH/ SEBD pupils
- Can show you have worked with pupils on a 1:1 basis or within small groups.
- You can build a strong rapport with your pupils.
- Must be resilient, consistent and don’t take things personally
- Your support experience MUST be in either a mainstream or SEN School or College
- Easily accessible to the borough of Greenwich
- Must have an enhanced DBS with the update service