The purpose of your role will be:
- To deputise for the Subject Coordinator, assisting in leading the creation and establishment of outstanding provision within the subject area. This to include all programmes, systems and structures taking account of the academy's values and vision leading to outstanding teaching and learning.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and post 16, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject area, in accordance with the academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject area.
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area.
- To lead development for literacy, within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the academy.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including contributing to the subject and faculty improvement plans, and assisting in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including assisting in recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated staff)
- Student outcomes (including assisting the director in ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model