|Main Areas of Responsibility
Areas of Responsibility Improving Admissions
**MUST HAVE ADMIN EXPERIENCE AT WORKING AT A PRIMARY OR SECONDARY SCHOOL**
- Administration of Year 6 admissions into one of the schools academies
- Main point of contact for Admissions, Open Evening, Transition and other student Induction events, with parents, students, staff and Local Authority Admissions Team
- Administration of Open Mornings and Evenings, including arranging publicity.
- Attending Open Evening to assist in the event and to give advice to parents on our Admissions Procedure.
- To be a key point of contact for the Academy's uniform supplier.
- Keeping up to date with new Admissions Regulations and policies.
- Co-ordination of appeals.
- Taking and responding to telephone enquiries.
- Administration of In-Year admissions in to the Academy
- Maintaining Waiting List for all years.
- Contact previous/current schools for information regarding applicants
- Informal meeting with Parents/Students to discuss admission
- Writing offer letters
- Developing and implementing protocols for In-Year Admissions
- Ensuring smooth induction and first days
- Communication with Faculty Directors, pastoral staff regarding new admissions
- Aiding with off-rolling and transferring files for leavers in line with the Federation and Statutory procedures
- Assisting with the transfer and receipt of student files (including SEND and Safeguarding records
|Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to relate well to children and young people
- Flexibility and ability to respond to multiple demands and to prioritise
- Ability to work well with colleagues and parents
- High level of adaptability to changing demands
- Work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet varying deadlines
- Ability to work on own and take initiative Strong written and verbal communication skills Basic training in one or more of the following
- Delivering a high-quality service
- Range of general administrative duties
- Good ICT skills and experience, including Word, Excel, and management information systems
- Working with children of relevant age (11-19)
Education & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education, including literacy and numeracy skills
- High degree of professionalism towards role
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm
- Calm and steady manner
- Strong commitment to education and young people
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sean Brown or apply directly for this opportunity