Newly established Alternative Provision located in the borough of Lambeth is recruiting for a School Administrator for a one year fixed Term Contract. This is for an immediate start!
Innovative & Inspiring Principle who has great vision for this provision in Lambeth. The Principle has high expectations of the provisions pupils and it is imperative that they maintain and adhere to the expectations that are set. Pupils who attend have a range of SEN such as ASD/ ADHD/ SEMH etc. However their students are respectful and know what is expected of them and understand that disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated. Teaching staff, Mentors, School Administrators have been observed as a minimum of a ‘Good’.
New and exciting opportunity has arisen for a School Administrator who is computer literate and must have experience in an admin post in either a mainstream school/ SEN School/ College / PRU/ Alternative Provision!
- Must have excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal), as would be drafting letters for stakeholders and students.
- Must have a minimum of a “C” in both Maths and English (GCSEs)
- Must be string with the Microsoft word Office (Word/ Excel and Powerpoint)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an Admin post
- Communicating with other schools, external agencies, other institutions, potential students & government depts.
- Assist in the management of the Provisions admin, support systems & activities that ensure the smooth running of the institution
- Safeguarding the welfare of their pupils
- Standard Administrative systems, working practices and processes.
- Maintaining records; i.e. students, staff and trustee contact information
- Organising meeting rooms (arranging furniture, booking a slot, taking minutes)
- Assisting in school events (ie staff & student interviews , student inductions, student reviews)
- Managing the email box & answering the provisions phone
- Raising new initiatives as the school administrator in order to raise awareness the community, parents and school staff
- Facilitating in the purchasing & maintenance of office equipment (ie printers , scanners, photocopiers and computers).