I am currently looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join a special school in the Sutton area.
This is a lovely, modern SEN School that caters to students with ASD, PMLD, Complex needs and SEMH.
As a Speech and Language Therapist you will be responsible for producing plans for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health issues and speech and language difficulties to maximise their progress. The therapist may work therapeutically one to one with a specific student or may support a small group or whole class, depending on need.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sound understanding of Speech & Language assessment and intervention
- Must have good written and verbal
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills for detailed note taking and report writing
- Familiarity administering a variety of SALT assessments and using tools/interventions such as Makaton and Widget desirable
- Committed to own personal and professional development
- To plan and prepare engaging therapy lessons
- To build positive working relationships with children’s families
- To plan, lead and deliver whole-staff therapeutic training
- To ensure that therapy is facilitated ethically, safely and with consent from all parties
- To continue to obtain key information on children allocated to the specific therapy, to keep up-to-date with any changes
- To provide levels of support to ensure children can access their learning, identifying their individual needs to tailor their therapeutic programme
- Work closely with teaching and other members of therapy team with the development and implementation of therapy progress plans
- To attend all therapy meetings and open days for parents and carers
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree
- Registered member of the Health, Care and Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Knowledge of a range of relevant therapeutic interventions and assessment tools.
- Ability to translate policies and research into practice
- Flexible approach to service design and delivery
- Ability to set SMART targets and measure therapy outcomes
The annual salary is a band 5 or band 6 salary plus bonuses depending on experience.
Please get in touch with Louis at Future Education if you would like to find out more!