Currently Future Education is recruiting for a Youth Worker / Support Worker to work in a PRU in Lewisham
Presently we are looking for dynamic, encouraging and focused youth worker / support worker who enjoy mentoring pupils who are out of mainstream education and now in a PRU. You will be available after the Easter break to start a long term and full time post!
You will have experience working with students who have challenging behaviour.
The PRU is located in the borough of Lewisham would like to recruit either a Youth Worker / Support Worker who is looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant post. The successful youth worker/ support worker will care for students who have a range of complex needs. Many of their students have EBD.
We are looking for;
- Either a Youth Worker / Support Worker (6 months minimum)
- Worked with students with challenging behaviour
- Can build a strong rapport with pupils and able to mentor them effectively
- Preferably someone who has worked with children within a safe guarded setting
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Worked & managed students who have challenging behaviour
- Great understanding of pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Outgoing, positive and encouraging personality with a great sense of humour
- Calm in difficult situations
- Behaviour training would be preferable
- Working with a student on a 1:1 basis and potentially in small groups
- Temporary Long term post
- Working with pupils of varied ages
- Enthusing your pupils to socialise positively with their peers
- Creating a safe learning Environment for your pupils
- Implementing strategies that essentially cater to diverse learning abilities
- Flexible and adaptable
- In date DBS with the update service
To avoid disappointment, if this post is what you are looking for apply today by forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org