Future Education Ltd. is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Future Education Ltd. must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Future Education Ltd. acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Future Education Ltd. directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Future Education Ltd. must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Future Education Ltd. will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process
your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to
offer these services to you are:
* Legitimate interests
* Contractual obligation
* Legal obligation
b. Legitimate interest
Where Future Education Ltd. has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
* Future Education Ltd. need the information to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients. Future Education Ltd. take into consideration the reasonable expectations of individuals who are actively applying for jobs or making their personal information publicly accessible on professional networking sites.
c. Recipient/s of data
* Future Education Ltd. may disclose your personal data to companies and individuals we employ to perform
business functions and services on our behalf. Such functions may include, for example, hosting our Web
servers, providing legal, accounting and payroll services.
d. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data),
and/or a requirement necessary to enter a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not
the consequences of failure to provide the data, Future Education Ltd. may not be able to provide our work-finding
2. Data retention
Future Education Ltd. will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 require us to keep workseeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Future Education Ltd. has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy can be obtained by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Carmen Williams, GDPR@futureeducation.co.uk, 0208 256 0910).. Upon expiry of that period Future Education Ltd. will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Future Education Ltd. will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
* The right to be informed about the personal data Future Education Ltd. processes on you;
* The right of access to the personal data Future Education Ltd. processes on you;
* The right to rectification of your personal data;
* The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
* The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
* The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
* The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
* The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
* The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Future Education Ltd. processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Future Education Ltd.’s Data Protection Officer, Carmen Williams.
4. Complaints or queries
Queries relating to this Privacy Notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Carmen Williams Data
Protection Officer, GDPR@futureeducation.co.uk, 0208 256 0910
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.