Are you passionate about providing equality across all backgrounds of children in education? Are you looking for an abundance of opportunity to grow in your career?
A chance to join a leading education charity with over 50 primary and secondary academies has opened for an experienced HR Advisor to join their central team in Croydon.
They pride themselves on closing the gap between disadvantaged children and their peers creating a flourishing environment for learning. Their training programmes, performance and loyalty bonuses, pension scheme and wellbeing cash plans, supportive atmosphere and coaching and mentoring schemes would make this a perfect fit for anyone looking to learn and develop their skills and career.
You will be providing first line level generalist HR advice to Federation and Academy managers, this is a wide-ranging role and an opportunity to improve and build your skills and experience working with the HR team in a wide range of areas including employee relations, reward, resourcing and talent development. You will work directly with the Federation Corporate Services teams and with leaders in our primary and secondary academies.
Main Areas of Responsibility for the HR Advisor:
- Delivery of a first line generalist HR advisory service to the Federation and Academies, providing up to date and informed HR guidance and support on HR policies, processes and systems.
- Escalate complex cases as appropriate to the Head of HR and HR Business Partners.
- Support with organisation development programmes; preparing documents, supporting planning, due diligence completion etc.
- Assist with end-to-end employee lifecycle processes.
- Prepare HR documents and create and maintain templates.
- Produce Management Information reports.
- Evaluate Job Descriptions and provide advice and guidance on salary bandings to ensure a consistent and fair approach.
- Effectively use the e-recruitment system to support a proactive responsive recruitment service for managers.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Work with the Head of HR and HR Business Partners to deliver HR calendar and review cycle activities and support HR initiatives including change management programmes, HR projects, case management etc.
- Undertake HR administrative tasks in support of the wider Team.
- Support the monthly Harris Federation payroll including payroll change processes.
- Assist with Employment Tribunal activities where required.
- Assist with visa, work permit and sponsorship queries, escalating where appropriate and liaising with the HR Advisor responsible for Sponsorship and Visas.
- Completing the annual employee sponsorship review in conjunction with the HR Advisor responsible for Sponsorship and Visas.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- CIPD part qualified or equivalent by experience.
- Experience of providing first line generalist HR advice.
- Good IT skills and knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel and experience of producing reports and data analysis.
£32,000 - £34,000 Based on experience
37.5 hours a week Permanent Full time