Sixth Form College in the Greenwich borough is currently recruiting an LSA ( Learning Support Assistant) who is available immediately or January 2022.
This is an exemplary Sixth Form College with a large SEN Provision in the Greenwich borough. Students who attend are encouraged to have clear goals & aspirations s for their future and to be the best versions of themselves. The SEN provision is very well run and has just under 200 SEN pupils in their provision. The young people are aged between 16 - 19 years of age and have been diagnosed with a variety of SEN; ie ADD/ ADHD/ MLD / SEMH/ Autism/ Complex Needs/ Down Syndrome/ CAMHS/ Challenging Behaviour /ADHD/ Wheel Chair users /Learning Difficulties etc.
The successful LSA:
- Your recent job;; ie Learning Support Assistant (LSA)/ Residential Child Support Worker / Youth Worker / Teaching Assistant (TA) / SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) / HLTA / Child Support Worker / Learning Mentor/ Behaviour Mentor.
- You have worked in either; College/ Secondary School/ Sixth Form/SEN School/ Youth Centre /Alternative Provision / Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
- Able to build a strong rapport with young people
- Experience working with children on a 1:1 basis & small groups
- Great personality
- Can successfully de-escalate behaviour OR assist with personal care IF required (it does depend on the pupil you are placed with)
- SEN experience with children; ADD/ADHD/ ODD/ MLD/ ASD/ SEMH/ CAMHS/ Challenging Behaviour/ Complex Needs /Wheelchair Users/ Learning Difficulties/ /Down Syndrome etc
- You have an date Enhanced DBS with the update service OR able to pay for a new one now ASAP
- Easy commuting distance to the Greenwich borough.