Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in the borough of Greenwich is recruiting for a permanent KS4 Assistant Headteacher. This is a full time permanent January 2020 appointment.
Rate Good by Ofsted, this Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) is in the heart of the community. Students who attend are of secondary & college Key Stages. They cater to students with a range of SEN needs such as SEBD/ SEMH/ ASD/ ADHD and challenging behaviour. Also they provide education for pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream education. Inspiring, dedicated and supportive Headteacher who leads with clear example and vision. As a true visionary, he comes with years’ experience working within an SEN setting and Alternative Provision setting. Senior Leadership at this PRU are good to outstanding practitioners and have a wealth of experienced combined. This is an exceptional employer to work for, one that is supportive and dedicated to their pupils and staff.
An opportunity has arisen for a permanent KS4 Assistant Headteacher to commence work in January 2020 (possibly earlier).
- Deputise for the Head Teacher (Secondary) both on site and at multiagency professional
- meetings as well as coordinate the running of the two satellite centres off site.
- Provide operational day to day management of the KS4 Year 10 / 11 on- site education
- Be responsible for the behaviour, attendance and off site visits.
- Work in conjunction with the Exams Officer to ensure all students are entered for a broad
- range of nationally recognised qualifications.
- Work in conjunction with the Inclusion and Careers teams to ensure that all KS4 pupils
- within the PRU & have secured KS5 destinations and are appropriately prepared
- for transition.
- Contribute to the annual monitoring schedule of the quality of teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the overall vision of the Federation.
- Lead on complex cases and bespoke programmes for all KS4 students, taking
responsibility for working with the Lead Attendance, Transition & Engagement Officer
in the implementation of Pastoral Support Plans and coordinating all
documentation and meetings with relevant parties.
- Maintain professional boundaries at all times and observing / upholding the values & ethos of the Federation whilst contributing to the overall vision of the organization.
The Successful Assistant Headteacher
- Must be a well qualified Teacher (open to subject) with QTS
- Already an Assistant Head/ Assistant Principal / Deputy Head / Vice Principal or alternative Senior Leadership Post
- Experience in an SEN School/ Alternative Provision / PRU or a mainstream Secondary School.
- You must be able to show on your CV that you have worked with SEN pupils in some capacity within an SLT post (ieSEMH/SEBD/ASD/ADHD/ Challenging Behaviour)
- You are a Good to Outstanding Practitioner.
- Minimum of 2 years as an Assistant Head