SEN Teacher to start after Easter
A Special school in the heart of Croydon are currently looking for an SEN Teacher to teach KS1 and low functioning KS2 students.
This School caters specifically for children with severe learning difficulties (SLD) and autism (ASD), with the age ranges of 4 to 11 years old.
To be a part of this school it is important to have a passion for children and young people, you must be patient, resilient and have a genuine care for their development.
The ideal Person for this position will have:
- Relevant SEN experience either within a SEN school or an SEN unit
- The ability to create and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to remain calm
- A good sense of humour
- Although it is not essential, any additional skills such as Makaton, PECS or Team Teach would also be useful.
Roles and Responsibilities
- developing programmes of learning activities
- planning, preparing and researching lessons
- preparing and adapting teaching materials
- making use of special facilities and/or equipment
- contact and teaching time with students on an individual, class or small group basis
- checking and assessing students' work and giving feedback
- encouraging personal development via tutorial and pastoral work
- attending meetings and reviews
- liaising with parents, external agencies and a range of other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- writing reports
- coordinating the work of support staff
This role is to start on a long term basis with the view of going permanent.
If you feel that you have the passion and drive to teach students with Special Educational Needs and fit the requirements above, apply today!
If you would like more information about this role please call Jamie at Future Education (Croydon) on 02082560910.